Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36 - Photos -

2 participants

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Empty Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36 - Photos -

Message par Invité Mar 28 Jan 2020 - 15:43

Voici une pièce très bizarre provenant de ma collection...

Il s'agit d'une réplique 'made in Italy' de marque inconnue d'un 'Colt 1851 Navy Cal .36 PN.

La réplique est magnifique:  Barillet 'Colt' superbement gravé, superbe crosse en noyer Américain et aucun marquages visibles sur le canon hormis au dessus ou il y des marquages  ... 'COLT' plus vrais que nature!

... et pourtant cette réplique a un bâtis en laiton !!!!!  Incroyable. !!!!!!??????
Le fabriquant a fait l'effort du barillet gravé 'Colt', du marquage 'Colt' sur le canon et pourtant un bâtis laiton.
J'ai toujours voulu bronzer le bâtis à l'acide, mais je ne suis pas sûr...

Cette pièce date des années 1980.  

J'aimerais bien savoir qui en est le fabriquant?
Quelqu'un des idées?
Qu'en pensez-vous?

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Fullsi85

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Img_0310

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Fullsi86

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Fullsi88

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Fullsi87
Invité
Invité

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Empty Re: Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36 - Photos -

Message par le Molvanien Mar 28 Jan 2020 - 15:51

C'est une réplique de Schneider and Glassik, sauf qu'il a un barillet gravé Colt et un marquage Colt sur le canon qui n'a rien à y faire puisque c'est une copie sudiste d'un 1851. Bref, du grand n'importe quoi.... à la sauce Pietta probablement.

edit: par contre le bois de la crosse est magnifique

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Kursor10
le Molvanien
le Molvanien
Sheriff adjoint
Sheriff adjoint

Arme favorite : 1860 what else ?
Shoot : 13643
Kill : 517

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Empty Re: Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36 - Photos -

Message par sourdough Mar 28 Jan 2020 - 18:44

Steve,

First, I would like to say that the wood is superb! I may have an idea why it appears on an Italian brass framed "Colt".

If the date of this revolver is 1980, the date code should be AF.

I have no documentation about the information I am about to impart, but it is the conventional wisdom here in the US.

Around that period of time, a fellow named Lou Imperato created what are known here as the 3rd Generation (Signature Series) Colt revolvers. They were produced under strict licensing agreement with Colt, parts made by Uberti to conform to Colt specification, finished and assembled here in the US (hence, no Italian proofs needed). Armi San Marco subcontracted some or all of the barrels and cylinders for Uberti, which were marked/stamped with the Colt New York barrel address and the cylinder scene/patent number/battle scene date as were the original 1st Generation Colts (mid 19th century). When Colt decided that enough of these guns were on the market, Imperato ceased production of them. ASM was then stuck with what was left of the barrel and cylinder production, so it started to use them on their own revolvers. When Colt found out about that, it sued ASM to cease production using those leftover parts and won the lawsuit. Again, ASM was stuck with these parts. It is rumored that ASM disposed of them in Europe through one or more third parties. The wood grips on the 3rd Gen Colts were generally very nice (like your revolver), so I am speculating that they may have found their way (along with backstraps and trigger guards) onto the same market as they did not conform exactly to the Uberti grip frame style.

Are there proof marks on the frame, cylinder, and barrel of your revolver? I am assuming that there is no manufacturer logo/marking on your revolver so it could not be "proven" that Ubert/ASM (or anyone else, for that matter) made them. By the looks of the bolt peening of the cylinder stop slots, it appears that no fitting of parts occurred when this gun was assembled: Uberti would never let something like that out of the factory. Also, none of the 3rd Gen Colts had brass frames.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jim

At any rate, I think you have a rarity, as well as quite a conversation piece!
sourdough
sourdough
R.I.P.

Arme favorite : 1851 Navy .36
Shoot : 2854
Kill : 18

Message par Invité Mar 28 Jan 2020 - 19:03

WAAAHHHWWW, what a nice story, Sourdough...
Long live internet and this forum.

As I wrote in my initial post, the wooden grips of this revolver are indeed splendid.
The barrel with the 'COLT' engraving is also great.

First I wanted to blacken the brass frame with acid, like I did with some other of my replica's, but I didn't. Lucky me... if my revolver is one of those your story talks about, it's indeed a conversation piece !

There are NOT ANY marks or stamps to be found on this whole revolver except the 'Colt address' engravings. No proof marks. No logo's.

Thank, you for your great info.  You're very kind.

I am happy to send you a KILL! Applaudissements02

S.
Invité
Invité

Réplique très bizarre d'un COLT NAVY 1851 Cal .36   - Photos - Empty Revolver

Message par sourdough Mar 28 Jan 2020 - 19:22

SHOOTIN' STEVE a écrit:There are NOT ANY marks or stamps to be found on this whole revolver except the 'Colt address' engravings. No proof marks. No logo's.

It could be a frame from a "kit" gun. The parts in a revolver kit are not required to have Italian date codes or proofs as they are not shipped out of the factory door as an assembled gun. They are just that... parts.

Jim
sourdough
sourdough
R.I.P.

Arme favorite : 1851 Navy .36
Shoot : 2854
Kill : 18

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé